Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Birthday cakes

I made a two tier Trukfit cake for my husband's birthday. Trukfit is a brand for clothing that rapper Lil' Wayne has, my husband is a big fan of his so I thought this would be the perfect cake for him. Made the topper out of royal icing and the cheetah print truck.
The top tier was a marbled cake with Kahlua mousse covered with buttercream and fondant. The bottom tier was a marbled cake with a vanilla mousse and strawberry filling with chocolate buttercream and covered with fondant. This was a really fun cake, and seeing my husband's expression when he saw it was worth all the hours I  put into it.
 
Here I made my sister in law a birthday cake. She's only 6 years old and she wanted a princess cake made out of strawberry with strawberry filling. I covered it with SMBC and fondant accents. She loved the cake and it made me happy seeing her show it off to her friends.
 
One of my very good friends asked if I could make her son a Thomas the tank engine cake with a simple RIT. It was a carrot cake filled with cream cheese frosting and covered with buttercream.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment